Hi there, it’s four days after Christmas (Merry Christmas), I know that this make is not the most festive, but I have been wearing it to a few Christmas parties so thought I would quickly blog it before year’s end, it has been particularly crazy around this household as it was my daughters birthday on Christmas day and my son’s yesterday (bad planning I know!!), so I’m taking advantage of a lull.
This pattern is Stylearc’s carly jumpsuit, which I fell in love with on first sight, based on my measurements I ordered a size 10 and have only had to make minor adjustments. If your not familiar with Stylearc patterns, you enter your measurements which determine your size and you get sent one pattern in that size (so best be honest with those measurements!!) and I must say that the fit is pretty good, not something I can always say when I have followed the recommended size on a pattern (Big 4 anyone!!)
So the instructions are thin on the ground for this pattern (true to most of their patterns I believe) so not recommended for beginners as some knowledge comes in useful. the pattern came together well as it is relatively simple design, there was some useful tips in the instructions as in using fusing to stabilise the neckline before applying the facing, I am so glad I did this as the fabric I have chosen is a very flimsy spun viscose and with out this I’m sure would have looked terrible. The only part I had a little problem with was joining the top and bottom with the casing that houses the elastic, on the instruction it has you sew the elastic in a circle first then trying to fit the casing around that which I found really difficult to get a good finish as was trying to stretch out the elastic as I was sewing…not pretty (hence no inside photos) so next time i think I would sew the casing (and joining top and bottom parts) and then thread the elastic in at the end.
I also had to take a wedge of fabric out to the right front as it sagged below the waistline and looked very unsightly, I think I could counter this next time with a petite adjustment at the pattern cutting stage
Really this is a wearable muslin, next I really want to make this up in a lovely black crepe, a great alternative to the little black dress!!